PC’s, over a period of time, will inevitably become slower. Spyware, Malware, tracking cookies, browser tool bars and add-ins, temporary application files, and general data and disk fragmentation will all contribute to this slow down. To combat these problems, we offer the ‘PC Tune Up’ service, the health check for your computer.
After the initial collection of your machine, we run a number of checks and procedures on it, in order to get it running at full performance.
These procedures and checks include:
- Anti-virus update or installation of anti-virus product, should you not be running one. This includes confirming that automatic updates for your product are also correctly configured.
- Installation of the latest operation system and software product updates, patches and hot-fixes
- Spyware/Malware scan, with re-mediation of any issues found.
- Disk clean up
- Windows Registry scan, with re mediation of any issues found.
- Full disk de-fragmentation, including full de-fragmentation of the Windows Swap File
We can also optionally remove, at your discretion, Windows Restore Points and any unwanted software that has been installed onto your machine during its lifetime. We use a number of tools to accomplish these tasks, all used by major IT suppliers and all leading products in their respective fields. Typically, on a machine around 12 months old, this will recover over 10Gb of storage. Storage that can be better utilised by you, to store your data.